Last updated: August 5, 2022
As a general rule, users of our software applications and services are anonymous to us, and we have no feasible ways to identify you. However certain categories of data may be collected while using our applications and services, and some of this information may be considered “personal data” by the law. When we collect personal data, we generally act as a “data controller” as defined in applicable law. The exact categories of data we collect, why we collect it, and your opt-out choices depend on the application or service you use, as is more fully described below.
How MaskFog Collects Information
MaskFog may use the following different methods to receive and collect your information:
1. Account registration. When registering a MaskFog account, the system will ask you to provide information so that we can record you as the owner of the MaskFog product, which will help us provide you with services and information.
2. Product use, when you visit our website or log in to the MaskFog client, we will need enough information to complete your operation, and our server will automatically collect and aggregate information about your visit. The collected information may include the information of the login person's MaskFog account, access IP, operating system, browser type, etc.
3. Customer support, you can call or contact us through QQ, WeChat, Skype, Telegram and other communication channels to request technical assistance on products or information about our products, personal or account information that may be provided to us.
Promotion and Marketing Activities
If you decide to provide feedback to MaskFog or participate in a promotional campaign, contest, or survey, organized by MaskFog or our partners on behalf of MaskFog, we may ask for information such as your name, age, phone number, email or postal address.
If you agree to receive marketing information from MaskFog via email, SMS, or push notifications, we may use third-party technology providers to deliver such messages to you. You can opt-out directly from a marketing email you receive.
If you submit your phone number or email address on an application download page, we may send you a download link or promotional materials via SMS or email for your convenience.
We will use this data only to provide the services you have requested and will not retain your data any longer than necessary to fulfill that specific purpose. If you’re not comfortable with us using submitted data for a limited purpose, then don’t provide it to us.
Purpose of Information Collected by MaskFog
We use this information for certain legitimate business purposes, namely:
1. To provide users with subscription services.
2. To process the payment.
3. To notify users about any upgrades, service reminders, promotions or other information that user may be interested in.
4. To respond to users' inquiries, and constantly strive to improve our website, products and services based on users' information and feedback.
5. For IP positioning and anti-fraud.
6. To identify the identity of the owner of the user account, and use it to accurately track the user account, and assist the technical staff in analyzing and handling the problems that the user may encounter.
7. We attach great importance to protecting user data and protecting user privacy. Without the user's permission, we will never publish any information to other parties, and we will not sell users’ data.
8. To understand better how people interact with our applications and services;
9. To enhance, modify, customize or otherwise improve our applications and services;
10.To prevent security breaches and abuse.
In short, this information helps us to improve our products and services. We have no practical way to use this information to identify you personally. We may store this usage data for up to three years.
If you visit our websites, we may collect your IP address to help diagnose problems with our servers and to administer our websites. We use IP addresses solely for this purpose and may keep website access logs up to six months.
Security of Personal Information
The security of User’s information is our utmost priority, and we take strict measures in order to protect our data from unauthorized access, use, disclosure or destruction of data. We have implemented physical, technical and administrative security measures for the Services that comply with applicable laws and industry standards. For example, we use firewalls, encryption technology and other automated software designed to protect against fraud and identity theft; our data is only stored in centers that provide high-level security for User’s information. Physical access is strictly controlled both at the perimeter and at building ingress points by our staff utilizing video surveillance and other electronic means.
We also protect User’s privacy by seeking to minimize the amount of sensitive data that we store on our servers in the first place. We also seek appropriate contractual protection from our partners regarding their treatment of user data.
We are very open about privacy and recognize your trust as a great value. If you have any questions about this statement or any privacy issues in our applications or services, feel free to contact us by sending mail to email@example.com.